Here at QA, we are proud to offer independent, SEMA approved, racking inspections across the United Kingdom. QA’s SEMA approved rack inspectors will review your warehouse, and then conclude their findings in a detailed comprehensive damage report, which will clearly identify any ‘risk area’s’ according to SEMA guidelines, which use an extremely simple traffic light system.
A pallet racking collapse can not only be a very scary and disruptive incident, but it can also cause hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of damage to stock, bring your business to a standstill for an indefinite amount of time, or in even worse events could seriously injure your staff.
The good news is, pallet rack collapses are easy to prevent, and usually only happen when the system used is of a low standard, if it is not maintained properly or if it is improperly installed.
Pallet Racking Collapse Risk
Pallet racking collapses are a very real risk to a person’s life as well as presenting multiple risks to the business itself. Some of the most common risks include;
- Injury – Pallet racking collapses have caused countless numbers of staff injuries in the past and on some occasions have resulted in death. This is not an area business can afford to be lax in.
- Stock Destruction -In the event of a rack collapse stock will almost certainly be damaged, if not destroyed completely, which could be devastating to a business both logistically and financially.
- Fines – Under the Provision of Work Equipment Regulations, failure to keep working equipment in a safe order could result in a large fine and could even lead to a prosecution from HSE.
- Long term reputation – If customers’ orders cannot be fulfilled, contracts could be lost, potential new partners may be put off, and local staff which are often key to a business’s day to day running may be wary of working for your business.
Why Should You Choose QA For Your Rack Inspections?
- All inspections are carried out in line with the SEMA regulations and will provide you with all of the information required for dealing with pallet rack safety.
- As part of our service, we also provide a detailed report using the simple traffic light system, which makes it a lot easier to prioritise any damage.
- QA provides free quotations for any damages found in the inspections as part of your report which will simplify things for you further.
- QA will let you know when your next rack inspection is due which means you will never have to worry about remembering yourself.
- The team here at QA have the skills and expertise required to handle ongoing maintenance and repairs on your racking system.
- QA aims to provide the best service for our customers and can guarantee a full, stress-free inspection to provide safety to your staff and stock.
Does My Business Need A SEMA Racking Inspection?
Under the Health & Safety Work Act (1974) and PUWER Guidelines rack inspections are required. Pallet racking falls under the category of work equipment which must be maintained and inspected annually, however, if any damage is noticed before this an inspection should be carried out immediately.
Why Should I Use A SEMA Approved Inspector?
When you use a SEMA approved rack inspector you can relax in the knowledge that your system is being kept to the high standards outlined by SEMA, for more information on SEMA please visit the SEMA page on our website.
QA is approved by SEMA to provide industry-leading products and services which can ensure the best health and safety standards for any business in the United Kingdom.
QA carry out SEMA inspections on all makes of pallet racking. Your racking inspections include a detailed health report on your pallet racking which will be carried out with all the latest SEMA codes of practice. There will be a clarification of any damages and finally some recommendations on your warehouse’s operations in relation to storage.